Soccer Agility Ladder Drills

Courtesy of: OnlineSoccerSkills.com

Hey, it's coach Ben from online soccer skills and today I wanted to welcome you to part one of our speed and agility ladder series.

 Soft Slat Soccer Ladder

Now, in today's video, we're going to be focusing on our first touch and our passing. And I want you to remember when you watch these drills, you could have a ladder or you could use cones. You don't have to have a ladder to do this but you need to have one soccer ball and a partner. And the reason why I want you to work on this is because it's going to help you stay on your toes. It's going to help you be faster when you get to the game and when you go through these drills, I want you to go at game speed. I want you to go as fast as possible and I want you to concentrate on your first touch and your passing. So we're going to show you three different drills that you can plug straight into your own game and practice this on your own.

First Drill

Alright, so the first drill that we're getting into, we're going to be playing in one touch. So, when I get through this ladder, I want you to remember, you can go through this however you want when you go through the ladder or when you go through the cones. But I like to do this, where I'm facing my partner so when I get through the ladder, the ball is going to be played to me. I'm gonna play the ball back to my partner in one touch.


As soon as I play the ball back, I'm going to come back through the ladder and then I'm going to focus on my opposite foot. So, this way you can practice your right and your left foot. And everytime you pass, you're going to go back to the ladder. This way you can get a lot of repetitions.

Second Drill

Alright, the second drill that we're going to get into is the exact same thing but now we're going to be focusing on two touches. And now when we get through the ladder, I want you to concentrate on your first touch and I want you to take your first touch forward out in the space. That way, you can get the ball in front of you and you have room to be able to step into a strong pass. Now, after you pass the ball you come back through the ladder and we focus on the same thing with our left foot.

Third Drill

Alright, the last drill that we're going to be working on, we're going to be getting through the ladder or the cones. And when the ball comes to me now, I'm going to be working on cutting the ball to my opposite foot and passing. So, again, we're playing in two touches. This is where you can be creative. You can do the Cruyff or you just do a simple cut but we want to get through the ladder, cut the ball. I want you to be aggressive getting to the ball on your first touch. I don't want you just to wait for the ball.



Alright, so remember when you go through these drills go at game speed. I'd like to see you do this where you can go through it three or four times and then you switch with your partner. So, after you go through each drill, switch with your partner and then you go on to the next drill.

 Soft Slat Soccer Ladder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Mini Hurdle Drills for Speed, Quickness, and Agility

Speed Ladder Exercises

3 Easy Freestyle Soccer Tricks For Beginners