The Best Coach for Ball Skills

"Coach, what is the best way for my child to improve their ball skills and footwork?"

This is the question that I have heard and been asked repeatedly over the past 20+ years of coaching soccer.

The answer (at least the one that I give) is a very simple one: Touches on the ball = Better ball skills.

There is no better coach in the world, than the ball.

So, when I am coaching soccer players that need to improve their ball skills (which is most of them), I am constantly looking at ways to get them the most touches on the ball.  Putting these players in situations where they are getting hundreds of touches on the ball versus getting double digit touches on the ball.

One of the best tools that I use to get hundreds of touches on the ball is soccer tennis.

There is nothing better to me than seeing the players' faces light up and hear their excitement when they see me pull out the soccer tennis net!

Soccer players love paying soccer tennis.

We can do so much with a soccer tennis net. We player low soccer tennis, high soccer tennis. We set up games with various numbers of touches, bounces and restrictions to make it as easy or challenging as possible for the athletes.

In addition to our players getting so many touches, it also adds something else that is very helpful for our teams....COMPETITION!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 Mini Hurdle Drills for Speed, Quickness, and Agility

Speed Ladder Exercises

3 Easy Freestyle Soccer Tricks For Beginners